- October 16, 2021
- Posted by: Havenhill Synergy
- Category: Careers
Job title: Solar Design Engineer
Type of employment: Full-time
Reporting to: Head of Projects
Unit/Department: Projects Department
Location: Abuja with frequent travel across the country
Job Objectives: Havenhill Synergy Ltd is a clean-tech utility company that uses solar energy to generate clean, safe, cost-effective and sustainable electricity in rural and urban Nigeria. Havenhill is scaling up her end blackout projects in rural communities by establishing several hundreds of solar hybrid mini-grids and having significant footprints in the commercial and industrial space.
In this role, you are expected to support the Projects team in developing solar design specifications and functional requirements for mini-grids, residential, commercial, or industrial solar energy systems or components.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Solar system analysis and design
- Conduct engineering site surveys and audits to collect structural, electrical, and related site information for use in the design of solar power system
- Create electrical single-line diagrams, panel schedules or connection diagrams for solar electric systems using computer-aided design (CAD) software.
- Perform computer simulation of solar photovoltaic (PV) generation system performance or energy production to optimize efficiency.
- Develop optimal designs with SLD, PML, conduit and wire scheduling, routing and equipment plans, and conceptual 3-D renderings.
- Designing of arrangement of solar panels for rooftops and ground mount and other various supported electrical equipment and selection of cables for plant including layout & schematic diagrams and calculation of technical sizing.
- Evaluate plans or specifications to determine technological or environmental implications.
- Execute designs that adhere to grid compliance and permitting requirements
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics, Physics, Solar Energy or any related field;
- 2 years experience in designing solar PV systems;
- Extensive experience in Solar Design Systems, PV software and Technology;
- Proficient in the use of engineering software such as Homer, PVSyst, Helioscope, Visio, Sketchup, AutoCAD and others
- Understanding of electronic system and components: AC – DC, Power supply, loads, inverters and transformers;
- Understanding of fieldwork and installations;
- Proficient with basic computer software and online platforms (Google Suite, Word, Excel, Dropbox, Outlook/Email);
- Available for 100% travel and work out of town in remote locations for extended periods of time;
- Comfortable working with heights and lifting heavy objects;
- Ability to communicate effectively in English language (written and verbal);
- Great team spirit
- Maintain a high level of autonomy
- High level of speed and accuracy
- Be innovative and have great attention to details
Are you interested in the role, click HERE to apply