- October 16, 2021
- Posted by: Havenhill Synergy
- Category: Careers
Job title: Driver
Type of employment: Full-time
Department: People & Admin Department
Location: Abuja with frequent travel across the country
Job Objectives: Havenhill Synergy Ltd is a clean-tech utility company that uses solar energy to generate clean, safe, cost-effective and sustainable electricity in rural and urban Nigeria. Havenhill is scaling up her end blackout projects in rural communities by establishing several hundreds of solar hybrid mini-grids and having significant footprints in the commercial and industrial space.
As the company’s Driver stationed in our Abuja Office, your main responsibility is to ensure safe transportation of team members, facilitate logistics, and maintain a travel log to record work hours, travel time and locations travelled to. You should also be able to perform routine checks on the company vehicle. You must also be very security conscious to avoid security breaches while carrying out your basic job activities.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform complete pre-and post-operation inspection of the vehicle in accordance with Company policy to ensure tire pressure, fluid levels, safety equipment, gauges, and controls are in proper working order. Report any safety issues on standard reports.ca
- Map out driving routes ahead of time to determine the most expedient trip
- Safely transporting company staff as well as various products and materials to and from specified locations in a timely manner.
- Ensure the vehicles are clean and comfortable for all riders
- Schedule regular vehicle service appointments and report any issues
- Complete required route/productivity sheets, Vehicle Condition Reports and other reports, as required.
- Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient and safe manner.
- Good follow through ability; adheres to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise.
- May be required to travel interstate to transport team members and site equipment.
- Proven 3+ years of experience as a Driver
- Must have experience driving a truck interstate
- A valid driver’s license
- A clean driving record
- A high school diploma
- Knowledge of area roads and neighbourhoods
- Ability to lift heavy packages and luggage
- Must be able to multi-task and have an attention to detail.
- Must have the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Great attention to detail.
- Must be available for 100% travel and to rural communities
Interested in this role? Click HERE to apply.