- August 25, 2017
- Posted by: Abigail Jibril
- Category: Blog, News
7 Interesting facts about the Panda Power Plant
When it comes to solar power, we all know that China is a global forerunner. The Panda Green Energy group in partnership with the United Nations Development Programme have established a Panda Power Plant. Here are seven things you should know about the plant.
- The World’s first Panda Power Plant was connected to the grid on 29th June, 2017.
- It is located in North-Eastern China in the hills of Datong, Shanxi Province and spans about 248 acres of land.
- The first stage of the project was connected to the grid with a capacity of 50 megawatts.
- The total capacity of the power plant is 100 megawatts.
- Engineers used different kinds of solar silicon cells in black and grayish white to present an image of two baby pandas when seen from above.
- The 100 Megawatt power plant can provide 3.2 billion kWh of clean electricity in 25 years.
- About 1.056 million tons of coal will be saved as well as 2.74 million tons of carbon dioxide emissions with this power plant in place.
Do you want to go solar in a more affordable way? i.e. with just 25% deposit and spreading the remaining payment over 6-24 months? Visit Solarfinance
For Power-Backup Installations with or without solar integration, call 07063803881, or mail us your request on firstname.lastname@example.org