- June 9, 2021
- Posted by: Havenhill Synergy
- Category: Careers
Job title: Collections Officer
Reports to: Finance Manager
Deadline for Application: Wednesday 16th June, 2021
Havenhill Synergy Limited is a clean-tech utility company committed to improving energy access in rural and urban Nigeria using clean energy sources. We use solar energy to generate clean, safe, cost-effective and sustainable electricity to the underserved and unserved population in Nigeria.
In rural areas, we deploy smart solar mini-grids to commercially viable off-grid rural communities. In urban areas, we help businesses (like factories, large farms etc) reduce the energy cost and provide them with more reliable energy access through our Commercial & Industrial (C&I) solar offering.
- Ensure timely, accurate and complete payments are done in line with payment schedules.
- Ensure timely remittance of receivables, accurate recording and reconciliation of vendor’s payment across all sites.
- Ensure all filing is done sequentially, with complete documentation and all records are safely preserved.
Principal Responsibilities and Accountabilities
The role will include, but not be limited to the following responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Ensure completeness of support documents to aid reconciliation and payment of commission to vendors
- Ensure payments are done from the correct bank account while ensuring that the accurate amount was remitted to the correct bank account
- Advise all payment beneficiaries of details of payment within a day.
- Liaise with the vendors to ensure all collections are done promptly while also providing support to them in respect of any issue.
- Regular reconciliation with vendors to ensure accuracy of records and amount
- Ensure that the vendors do not hold cash beyond the expected threshold for more than 24hours
- Provide support to the vendors in revenue drive in the communities.
- Assist the admin and finance manager with related transactions as the need arises.
- Ensure all records are kept accurately and adequately.
- Take responsibility for own continuous professional development by proactively identifying and participating in formal/informal learning opportunities
- Perform any other duties as required by the Finance Manager
Job Competencies and Capabilities
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance/Business Administration/social sciences from a reputable institution
- Minimum of 6 months to one year (post-NYSC) work experience in the Finance department
- Sound IT skills including knowledge and experience of Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Must reside in Oyo state or its environs and have a workable knowledge of Oyo rural communities
- Should be willing to travel to sites within Oyo state at intervals
- Ability to communicate in Yoruba language
- Strong time management and planning skills
- Ability to deliver results with low levels of supervision
- Ability to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Works well independently and as part of a team
- Very high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Passionate about social issues
- An energetic, proactive approach to work
- High levels of initiative
- An enterprising attitude that is quick to search out alternative solutions to needs or problems
- Committed to delivering high-quality results, with cost-effective use of resources
- Positive, flexible, supportive attitude towards work
- Can-do approach
- Driven and a self-starter
- Exhibits helpful behaviour beyond strict job requirements
- Multi-tasks effectively
- Integrity and high personal ethical standards
Are you interested in this role? Click Here to apply.