- August 25, 2017
- Posted by: Abigail Jibril
- Categories: Blog, News
7 Interesting facts about the Panda Power Plant
When it comes to solar power, we all know that China is a global forerunner. The Panda Green Energy group in partnership with the United Nations Development Programme have established a Panda Power Plant. Here are seven things you should know about the plant:
- The World’s first Panda Power Plant was connected to the grid on 29th June 2017.
- It is located in North-Eastern China in the hills of Datong, Shanxi Province and spans about 248 acres of land.
- The first stage of the project was connected to the grid with a capacity of 50 megawatts.
- The total capacity of the power plant is 100 megawatts.
- Engineers used different kinds of solar silicon cells in black and grayish white to present an image of two baby pandas when seen from above.
- The 100 Megawatt power plant can provide 3.2 billion kWh of clean electricity in 25 years.
- About 1.056 million tons of coal will be saved as well as 2.74 million tons of carbon dioxide emissions with this power plant in place.
For Power-Backup Installations with or without solar integration, call 07063803881, or mail us your request on email@example.com