- April 27, 2017
- Posted by: Abigail Jibril
- Category: Hacks and Tips
8 USEFUL TIPS ON MAINTAINING YOUR INVERTER BATTERY
“My inverter battery doesn’t last long anymore” – This is a popular complaint from users of power backup systems.
The inverter is an electronic device that converts Direct Current (DC) to Alternating Current (AC).
The battery is the live-wire of an inverter.
The lifespan of a battery depends mainly on its usage and maintenance.
All batteries require some form of maintenance to maintain their lifespan. Yes! even maintenance free batteries.
To enjoy your inverter, your batteries must be well taken care of. But most people don’t know how to go about doing that.
Below are useful tips on how to take care of your batteries:
- Make sure the inverter battery is installed in a well ventilated area. This reduces the heating up of the battery thereby maintaining its life span.
- Even if there is no power outage, make sure your batteries are still used by discharging them at least once a month.
- Keep your battery away from fire and smoke.
- Ensure proper loading of devices. Do not connect loads greater than what the inverter was designed to carry.
- Disconnect extra load when not in use.
- Use energy-saving devices on the power backup system.
- If a battery is damaged, replace it. Do not combine old and new batteries together in a system. Routine maintenance will help you know about changes to be made with respect to your inverter and battery.
- Allowing the power in the battery to drain completely frequently before recharging it damages the inverter battery’s cells. This reduces its lifespan.
Do you want to change your inverter batteries?
Do you want to buy or install a power backup system for your home, office, school, etc?
Interested in Uninterrupted Power Supply?
Then you should Contact us
Please feel free to post your comments…