- September 7, 2017
- Posted by: Havenhill Synergy Solar
- Category: Blog
INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT SOLAR POWER
Our sun has been shining for over a billion years. The solar industry worldwide is experiencing remarkable growth and generally becoming more affordable. Below are interesting facts about solar power.
- The basis for modern solar cell technology is called the PHOTO-VOLTAIC EFFECT. Edmond Becquerel, a French Scientist discovered the photo-voltaic effect in 1839.
- Charles Fritts, in 1883 created the first Selenium solar cells.
- Russell Ohl invented the first Silicon Solar cell in 1941.
- The first solar panel was developed using silicon cells by Daryl Chapin, Calvin Fuller and Gerald Pearson of Bell Laboratories in 1954. It had about 6% efficiency in converting sunlight to electricity.
- The first trial of the Bell Solar Battery began with a telephone carrier system on October 4, 1955.
- There are several ways to harness solar energy – Photovoltaics, solar heating, artificial photosynthesis, solar architecture.
- The top 5 countries using solar power based on installed capacity are China, Japan, Germany, United States of America and Italy. – Source
- Solar panels require little or no maintenance because they don’t have moving parts.
- Solar panels require and use light energy from the sun, not heat energy.
- The use of solar energy for power can give one electricity 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- The world’s largest solar project is located in the Tengger Desert Solar Park in China with a capacity of 1500MW.
- Solar power does not produce any form of pollution. It is ecologically acceptable. It does not contribute to the emission of greenhouse gases. No air, water and noise pollution.
- One household having a rooftop solar panel system can reduce pollution by 100 tons of CO2. This generally improves air quality for all living things on air, land and water.
- For each unit of electricity generated, solar energy produces 10 times less hazardous waste than coal and gas – Source
- Solar is one of the cleanest, most renewable and most sustainable resources in the world.
COST AND AFFORDABILITY
- Solar energy is a completely free source of energy and it is available in abundance.
- Going solar is now more affordable for everyone. You don’t have to bear the initial huge cost involved anymore with solar finance and Pay As You Go.
- Once you have a solar powered system installed, maintenance costs are minimal.
- Most solar panels have warranty of over 10 years.
- One of the most widely used source of renewable energy is solar energy.
Do you want to go solar in a more affordable way? i.e. with just 25% deposit and spreading the remaining payment over 6-24 months? Visit Solarfinance
For Power-Backup Installations with or without solar integration, call 07063803881, or mail us your request on firstname.lastname@example.org