- August 19, 2019
- Posted by: Havenhill Synergy Solar
- Category: Careers
Job Title: Business Development Associate (Value Added Services)
Job Type: Full Time
Resumption: Q4 2019
Number of Open Position: 1
To apply, CLICK HERE.
Havenhill Synergy is a clean-tech utility company that uses Solar Energy to generate clean, safe, cost-effective and sustainable electricity in rural and urban Nigeria. Havenhill is set to scale up her “end blackout” projects in rural communities by establishing several hundreds of Solar hybrid mini-grids and developing significant footprints in the commercial and industrial space.
This role will report to the Chief Growth Officer.
In addition to increasing energy access, Havenhill Synergy also aims to capture value by developing capacities within our host communities to offer products and services that fit the dominant narrative of the communities. This will mostly be done by finding opportunities within the agricultural value chain which is the major occupation of our rural customers. These business extension services will range from setting up processing plants within the communities, micro-credit facilities and the likes. The role of the Business Development Associate (VAS) is to identify these opportunities and lead such activities. The Business Development Associate (VAS) will work closely with our customers to identify needs and how the company can solve these needs at a profit.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Gives the company insights about the latest market trends to ensure the company is well-positioned in the market.
- Identify value-adding services (Upsell, cross-sell, etc.) that the company can offer to its existing client base.
- Scouts for new opportunities in the renewable energy space in Nigeria including but not limited to grants, investments, Government tenders, commercial projects, etc.
- Work on documentation for the company and all the projects of the company.
- Draft proposals for the company.
- Identify and develop Energy opportunities within host communities.
- Lead the commercial efforts of the company within the host rural communities. This could involve working closely with small businesses within the communities to help them grow, electricity demand stimulation etc.
- A business-related degree.
- Intermediate knowledge of the agriculture value chain is a key requirement for this role.
- Strong analytical skills
- 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Prior experience with an energy company is a plus but not a necessity.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
Are you our ideal business development associate? CLICK HERE to join us.